New Mexico VA Health Care System
Chaplain Service provides religious, spiritual and pastoral care through visitation and counseling as requested by patients and, in limited situations, their families. Chaplain Service enables Veterans to freely exercise his/her religious faith in a way that promotes healing and helps the Veteran face the crisis of his/her hospitalization. Veterans may call Chaplain Service directly or request a Chaplain through his/her health care team.
Chaplain Service provides religious ministrations for the following:
- clinical pastoral care for new patients
- pre and post-surgical pastoral care
- religious worship service participation
- sacramental ministry, clinical pastoral counseling
- discussion of ethical issues
- addressing end-of-life concerns
- and bereavement pastoral ministry
Raymond G. Murphy VA Medical Center
- 505-265-1711 Ext. 2735
Hours of Operation
Mon-Thurs: 6:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
Friday: 7 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.; Saturday: 7 a.m.- 5 p.m.; Sunday: 6:30 a.m.- 3:30 p.m.