New Mexico VA Health Care System
Without Compensation (WOC) Unpaid Trainees
Welcome to the New Mexico VA Health Care System. We are pleased to provide you with an experiential rotation that will develop your knowledge and skills as a trainee. To provide you with this opportunity, the VA requires several forms, personal background check and training. Please follow the instructions below:
6-12 Weeks before the first day complete these four documents:
** It is strongly recommended that you keep a copy of all completed forms for your records. **
- Contact HR at (505) 265-1711 ext:2203 Complete the online background check (eQIP) as instructed by HR.
- After completion of eQIP contact Human Resources again for fingerprinting.
- Bring one photo ID and another form of ID. For example: Driver's License, Passport, Student ID, Social Security Card
- Pick up VA Appointment Letter.
- Contact your POC and let them know this step is complete and give them a copy.
- Complete Mandatory Training for Trainees using instructions MSE-HPT-JobAid-TMS2.0
4. Call PIV office at (505) 265-1711 ext.: 7370 to set up appointment to get picture taken for PIV card. Remember to bring two forms of ID with you. It is in Building 1 on the first floor.
Micah Geuss: (505) 265-1711 ext:2203
Associated Health Program and Graduate Medical Education Coordinator
Map and Parking Instructions